A photo of us on campus in St. Louis

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Madeleine's Update

Hello, peeps! This is Madeleine. Mama said that I could put anything on the blog: events, babysitting experiences, thoughts on life, etc.; but the most interesting thing that has happened lately is our trip to the Botanical Gardens yesterday evening. It was Wednesday, so we were able to go for free. There was also a jazz band (playing jazz, of all things!) and an AWESOME fountain that you could get wet in. Since we (meaning the kids) had our swimsuits on, this was fun. We didn't take any pictures, but if we go next week, I will try to bring the camera, because the fountain was not the only way cool thing there!! (By the way, I don't actually say "way cool" or "awesome" in real life) After all, we were in the Botanical Gardens, so there were GARDENS!! And they were absolutely beautiful! There were lakes and ponds, flowers, shrubs, a boxwood maze and several fountains and also plants like beans and corn. We also had some KFC for our picnic dinner and played in the water. Then, we took a walk, saw the gardens while catching fireflies, and watched the sun set. We stayed for a loooooong time; it was dark and close to 10:00 when we finally left.

Random Note: Today,I did an entire load of laundry by myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Madeline,

Congrats on your first post to the blog. Say Hi to your mom and dad for us.

The Fordhams