Naaman asked for the artists to comment on their work. Here it is.
Elise: I actually have 8 horses in this picture, but unfortunately it is all in pencil, so you can't see very much!!!!!!!!!!!! I originally only meant to have 1 horse in the picture ,but I just kept on adding more andmoreandmoreandmoreandmoreandmoreandmoooooore so I ended up with 8 horses.(my favorite horses are the 2 in the upper~righthand corner)
Paul: The reason that I wanted to draw this map was because I was writing a story called (temporarily) THE MAGIC SWORD. The map belongs to the story. The story is very long and maybe you can read it some time.
Thomas: (The only comment we've been able to coax out of Thomas about his art is "When am I going to get my rhinoceros back?")
Maddie: Where is MY picture!???!! It is based on a print I made back in Norfolk, when we had an art teacher. I'm sorry to say that the rubber block that the print was carved on broke in half. But at least I have a drawing now.
Sometimes I'm asked who the people in my drawings are. Actually, I almost never draw people I know, really just because it never looks like who I had in mind, and it's easier for me to draw people I've never seen.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Elise, Paul, Thomas, Maddie,
Thanks for the comments. Elise: I am glad that you are pleased with the 2 horse in the upper-right hand coner. If you can't stop drawing horses, then you must love them very much. Maybe you should ask your dad for a horse. I am sure he would love to get you one.
Paul: I would love to read the story. Send it to me (photocopied or in email) as soon as you can.
Thomas: As an artist you should probably realize very soon that as soon as you create a piece of work you must, as the great philospher Sting says, set it free. If it comes back to you it was yours to begin with. If it doesn't, make sure they compensate you appropriately. And get health insurance. Or move within walking distance to a university hospital; they will treat you free of charge...like Canada.
Maddie: Where is your picture? Find out who is responsible and then make another drawing accusing them of the injustice! No, no just kiding. I am sorry the rubber block broke, but wouldn't it be cool to make a block, break it into a bunch of pieces and then make a print with all the broken pieces reassembled. That sounds like fun! Break dancing is also fun.
Thanks y'all. Keep those imaginations alive.
Naaman
Oh, Naaman! What a trip.
Glad to hear you all are well and doing some artistic "stuff" :)
Post a Comment