A photo of us on campus in St. Louis

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Greetings from Haifa

I've not had internet access for two weeks due to a problem with the network at the kibbutz and Rae hasn't had a computer for the past week in Haifa. Rae and the kids have been in Haifa since last Sunday and this afternoon I'll move them back to Tel Aviv for one more week. They'll then be coming to Kibbutz Tzuba for a few days and will go with me on my class field trip to Galilee. Then they'll be spending the next week or so in an apt in Jerusalem. My Hebrew class is going well and I'm surprised how much Biblical Hebrew overlaps with modern Hebrew. I'm actually able to communicate with people here. I'm still not able to hear much out of my right ear but I'll be seeing an ENT this week in Jerusalem. It looks like I have a growth inside my ear and they need to figure out what exactly it is. I've updated our map a bit for those interested, and I've posted the rest of our June photos and the beginning of our July photos on the left hand side of this blog. Sorry for our lack of email contacts. We'll try to catch up soon.

2 comments:

MT said...

I told you not to put beads in your ears or nose!

We'll keep praying for you.

calebsutton said...

Ack. Talk about a language learning handicap. You simply shouldn't be made to learn Hebrew with only one ear. We miss you guys down here in Trujillo! I'm praying for you and your remaining time in Isreal.