A photo of us on campus in St. Louis

Friday, July 27, 2007

The end of an ulpan

Today was the final day of my 6-week Biblical Hebrew ulpan and it was very sad to say goodbye to Kibbutz Tzuba and to my fellow students (and teachers). I've had a great experience here and would highly recommend this school to anyone who really wants to acquire fluency in reading the Hebrew bible. We will spend the next week taking day trips around Israel from Jerusalem then fly back to Richmond on Monday the 6th.

I think one of the strangest things about being here has been how disconnected I have been with everyone back in the US. Being busy usually makes staying in touch difficult but it's been so much harder to stay in touch here with the added stresses of travel and internet problems (my connection is sort of working now). We're all looking forward to getting "home" soon. Shabbat shalom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe and see you soon- in 19 days......

Jennifer P said...

I'm glad you are back in the USA! I thought of Charlie when I saw that Hamburger Helper was on sale - should I stock up???

Love to all! Shabbat Shalom!

Anonymous said...

Sorry we won't see you before you head to St. Louis. I have clothes for Paul if you're interested.