A photo of us on campus in St. Louis

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Update from Virginia

We have had a great two weeks visiting friends and family here in VA and we leave Richmond for Tel Aviv tomorrow afternoon. (In addition to packing, Rae is helping her sister-in-law here in Richmond who just had a baby boy at 3 this morning.)

I have posted the last of our Peru photos in the May album (see link on the left) and created a new album which contains a few of our June photos thus far. I love maps so here's the start of a map of our Israeli Odyssey. Stay tuned for news and photos from Israel...

I have one image I really must share from months past while we were in Peru. What you see below is a loving letter Thomas wrote to his ama (Chinese for grandma). He's accustomed to receiving money every year in a birthday card from his ama and this year because we were in Peru she couldn't send it. Apparently we forgot to explain this to Thomas. So when the time came to write ama, he got right to what was on his mind. I think I'll have him write my fundraising letters for me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hire him for my collections agency when I'm billing for patients.

Red said...

Hello Gibson family!

So good to catch up with you and read through your blog. I can't believe how big the kids are, Madeline & Elise are young women...it's amazing how time flies!

We'll be praying for you as you minister and live in Israel. Safe & Happy Travels!

Rae Gibson said...

I did explain a couple of times to him where his money was, why it was there and when he would get it. He was just that determined not to be forgotten...

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear how it's all going in Israel!

We are doing well, but miss you again!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! My five year old Max just gave me a bookmark he made at church. It said, "I love you, Mom, because you give me candy. Love, Max."

Crissy Vos