A photo of us on campus in St. Louis

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Questions?

One of my good friends has been sending me get-to-know-you questionnaires over the past few months. I finally took the time to fill two of them out and thought you might be interested in some of the answers.



5. What did you have for breakfast? First breakfast was assorted cold cereals--Kellogg's cornflakes, Arroz Atomico, Angel Fibra, and some pretty hard and chewy muesli. We were trying to skip the church Easter breakfast at 7:30 so we could eat in our jammies, and then arrive for Easter service at 9:00. Whoever in the family it was who had the capability to understand announcements had clearly not been paying attention. We arrived just after 9:00, in time for communion at the end of the worship sevice and a second breakfast. Whoops and hmm again. Second breakfast was black coffee with lots of sugar. Charlie took away Elise's, citing Hammie from "Over the Hedge," but let the rest of our kids drink theirs. That gives you an idea of how everyone is doing. There were also tuna fish buns and buns and butter. Yum, tasted pretty good since we'd already eaten breakfast.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? New fave is Peruvian. Lots of old favorites including dimsum, Cogan's pizza, fusion that actually tastes good not just looks good...

8. What foods do you dislike? Pig ears and hen ovaries. I don't want to talk about it.

9. Your favorite Potato chip? I have never met a chip I didn't enjoy. Here there are many varieties that would be expensive back home, so that is also a new favorite. Sweet potato and thinly sliced banana chips! Lots of roasted crunchy corn, too.

10. What cd have you been listening to lately? Continuing my dad's tradition of waking up the family on Sunday mornings to praise music, Charlie woke us up this morning to Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Guess he figured we needed to rotate out the Red Mountain and Indelible Grace. We have loved our box set and are also intrigued by the random sample songs that seem to be spontaneously appearing in our Windows Media Player library at unpredictable intervals. Almost spooky. Really.

11. What kind of car do you drive? None--taxi! (or collectiva--a car that acts like a bus, or mini-bus, or a mototaxi--motorcycle rigged up to be a taxi.)

18. Favorite time of day? Falling asleep at night (as opposed to falling asleep during the day)

26. Pedicure or Manicure? Pedicure once a year. Right now my heels are charcoal gray, even after a shower.

27. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? Teaching my first English class tomorrow.

36. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Right now, any grocery store that sells things in large packages. I would like to buy milk in a larger than one liter container.

2. What color are your socks right now? Charcoal gray on the heels. Oh, I'm not wearing socks.

3. What are you listening to right now? Intermittent traffic--almost all the vehicles have lost their shocks and are going over the speed bump in front of my apartment building. Earlier a car went by playing gangsta rap with the windows rolled down. Don't hear that too often. Madeleine said it reminded her of home.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? charcoal gray

4. What was the last thing you ate? A lima, shaped like a clementine, colored like a grapefruit. Almost tasteless--citrus without tang or sweetness. Not a repeat purchase. Kind of like when I bought a cocona hoping for a persimmon, but ending up with a sour tomato. Not a good breakfast fruit.

24. When was the last time you cried? Teared up during "Ten thousand times ten thousand" which Charlie picked at the Sunday afternoon hymn/psalm sing-prayer time the missionaries have every week. "Knitting severed friendships up where partings are no more." Charlie looked like he was choking up which definitely pushed me over.

25. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes and an interesting moisture removing gadget. Looks like a plastic container with white rocks on the top level--somehow moisture collects in the lower level. There's a centimeter already!

27. What did you do last night? Umm, filled out the 2007 version of this questionnaire.

28. Favorite smells. This month I really appreciate the clean laundry smell, as it's hard to maintain when your clothes hang dry inside for two days in a climate that requires moisture removing gadgets in the closets.

33. Number of keys on your key ring? I have an apartment key in the change compartment of my wallet.

34. How many years at your current job? 12 years as a mom, one day as an ESL teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I loved hearing all that stuff and I am going to start sending more of those question lists to you! You don't have to post them on your blog if you don't want to though. I read this blog religiously. If you could chart how often I check to see if there is something new up there, you would seriously worry about how I spend my time. Love you guys!