Well, we're at the end of a visit with my parents and I just finished packing for three months in Peru. Tomorrow morning I'll pack for three days in Maryland, and then we'll be off. While I'll be glad to be done with the packing, it'll be hard to leave Virginia. Our last Sunday in Norfolk was bittersweet and tearful. We leave behind forever friends. We finished up with the house on Monday and then said some very difficult good-byes to our family, friends, and neighbors. I still feel sad today when I think that this time in our life is over. No matter when and how we return, life will never be the same. It was particularly difficult to see my sister-in-law and nieces cry. Some people we're not used to leaving. Actually, just trying to type that makes me cry again.
On a brighter note, the selling and packing of the house and the moving of our possessions went relatively smoothly. We had lots of help from friends and family, which made what I had dreaded as impossible, much less overwhelming. Many thanks to everyone who helped with selling the house, childcare, meals, moral support, packing, moving, and cleaning. We REALLY could not have done it without you!
(next day update) Click here for some pictures from our first day in Peru.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's great to see you smiling in your pictures! We miss you terribly, but know you are where God put you! I'll email soon. Love to everyone! Jennifer Peronnet
You left your loofah in my house.
Glad you're blogging, always makes life better. And easier for us to follow! Much love, Shane and Dawn
I LOVE THE BLOG! So you better post often:) The pictures are great so keep posting them too. I haven't gotten to show them to M & A yet but they constantly talk about the one on the fridge. I added your blog to my favorites. You didn't even get filed into a favorites folder -- you have your own spot. Well, that is until Tom get's home from CA and organizes things;) Love you guys! bonnerclan
Post a Comment